Pad the Payroll rules:
1. You must be 18 or older to qualify
2. You can only win once during the Pad the Payroll contest, which runs from . However, the 30 day rule is otherwise waived as it relates to other contests run on 98.7 FM The Coast.
3. Employees of Coastal Broadcasting Systems, Inc, and their families are not eligible for any contests. Also, employees and families of employees of any businesses where sign ups are taken, are also not eligible for prize consideration. Employees of businesses are allowed to sign up for contests at other businesses, but not the one that they work for. Any prize winner caught violating this rule will immediately forfeit the prize.
4. All prizes must be picked up at Coastal Broadcasting Systems, Inc., 1602 Route 47 in Rio Grande, NJ within 30 days or they are forfeited.
5. “Pad the Payroll” is a contest on 98.7 FM The Coast. In order to qualify, a contestant must sign up at one of the sponsor locations. A full updated list of sponsors can be found at 987thecoast.com as the number and names of the sponsors is subject to change.
6. A contestant will fill out an entry form at these sponsors. These forms will be collected by 98.7 FM The Coast and put into a random drawing. One name will be picked each hour and the qualifying name that is picked will have 9 minutes and 87 seconds to call in, which works out to 10 minutes and 27 seconds.
7. If the qualifier calls in, they are “on the clock” for that hour and will earn $10 an hour in NJ Lottery tickets for each hour they are on the clock.
8. Each hour a new name will be picked. If the next qualifier calls in on time, the new name will be “on the clock.” However, if they do not, the person who was “on the clock” before will remain and continue collect $10 an hour in NJ Lottery tickets.
9. Once a new qualifier calls in on time, the previous qualifier is “fired” and will no longer collect $10 an hour in NJ Lottery tickets.. The new qualifier will collect the $10 an hour in NJ Lottery tickets.
10. Any person who wins money through this contest will have to verify the name and address on the entry form through an acceptable form of identification. Acceptable forms of identification are limited to a United States Driver’s license, passport, United States birth certificate, Valid U.S. citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) documents, including Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, Permanent Resident Card.
11. Winners shall be responsible for any taxes imposed on receipt of the prize
12. All general Coastal Broadcasting rules are found at 987thecoast.com apply to this contest unless previously stated in the rules above.
13. All decisions made by management are final.
14. Official rules are also available at Coastal Broadcasting, from 9 to 5 p.m. Monday through .
15. Odds of qualifying are based on amount of entries.
16. Arbitration/choice of law: Except where prohibited, participants in the Promotion agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the administration of the Promotion or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration, to take place in the State of New Jersey, U.S.A. pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to conflicts of law doctrine.
17. Miscellaneous: This Promotion is subject only to the laws of New Jersey in the United States. Prizes will be awarded and/or delivered only to addresses within the United States. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Additionally, Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
18. Limitations of liability:
a) Any attempted participation by means other than those permitted by these Rules, is void. Sponsor and any participating promotion agencies or prize providers will not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage-due entries; or any technical error or failure, or unauthorized human intervention, or for the inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Sponsor is not responsible for contacting any participant if that participant has changed contact information and failed to provide Sponsor with the proper contact information when such information is required.
b) Neither Sponsor nor any participating promotion agencies or prize providers are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, lost, late, damaged, misdirected entries, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause). If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion, in whole or in part, and if possible, to select the Contestants from entries received prior to the action taken or as otherwise may be deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ANY PARTICIPATING PROMOTIONAL COMPANIES OR PRIZE PROVIDERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
19. Coastal Broadcasting Systems, Inc., reserves the right to change these rules at any time.